Why builds capability?
According to McKinsey & Company, capability is “anything an organization does well that drives meaningful business results.” All organizations have capabilities—without them a business could not start or grow. However, many organizations lack a strategy to develop the key capabilities needed to keep growing. These organizations need a capability maturity model to help pinpoint which capabilities are driving higher performance across their enterprise.
CMMI V2.0 provides the ability to build dynamic organizational performance and helps to quickly identify the key capabilities that directly impact business results, return on investment, quality, and performance while reducing costs and time to market. CMMI V2.0 delivers the best solutions to benchmark and elevate organizational performance with demonstrated results.
CMMI V2.0 Applies Best Practices and Delivers the Highest Quality with the Most Value By:
- Applying a model of best practices that is easy to adopt and use in the most cost-efficient way.
- Integrating with other process approaches to make the overall organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Focusing on the quality vs. quantity of process management practices.
- Establishing a practice for measuring the quality of suppliers and vendors.
CMMI V2.0 Improves Performance and Builds a Culture of Continuous Improvement By:
- Building confidence for organizations looking to benchmark their performance and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction when competing for business.
- Providing built-in performance management that includes internal benchmarks for continuous improvement.
- Conducting more frequent performance measurements for assessing business impact over time.
- Demonstrating that the higher the CMMI maturity level achieved, the better an organization performs.
We at Bakkah can assist organizations seeking to raise performance and build stability by focusing on improving their key capabilities. These high-performing organizations also know that they must invest in an organizational culture of continuous improvement to achieve their goal. Leveraging this stability propels organizational agility which in turns drives innovation and competitive advantage. Through implementing the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI), CMMI V2.0 will help you deliver more value more quickly and at less cost with greater impact through these new enhancements:
1. Focus on Performance
Performance drives business and CMMI V2.0 has performance built into every level of the model. This helps organizations understand performance needs, establish performance goals, and track, measure, and achieve those goals. All organizations—even those at lower maturity levels—can benefit by embedding performance in their processes.
- Use performance results to show connections between work effort and business impact.
- Track progress from one CMMI Maturity Level to the next.
- Showcase performance results and improvements more visibly with a performance report tied to each benchmark appraisal.
2. Value Added Appraisal
CMMI V2.0 reflects the importance of maintaining the confidence and reliability of appraisal results while also lowering the total life cycle costs. CMMI V2.0 appraisals fit the business needs of any organization, regardless of industry or size.
- Statistically-validated random sampling approaches reduce the likelihood of “false negatives” in data analysis.
- Advanced notice of appraisal scope reduces the overall preparation time involved.
- Scalable processes simplify first time appraisals and reappraisals.
3. Integrated Scrum/Agile, Safety, and Security
CMMI V2.0 provides the stability and drives the impact that organizations need to stay relevant in an ever-changing business landscape. CMMI V2.0 integrates with the latest trend approaches and methodologies used in the market and improves their implementation and performance.
- New capability areas, such as Safety and Security, address business critical needs.
- The new scalable architecture simplifies how methodology-specific guidance is provided.
- Agile and Scrum guidance highlights their synergy with CMMI V2.0 and helps in scaling agile performance across the enterprise.
4. Easier to Use and Access
CMMI V2.0 is easier for users to read, understand, and tailor to fit specific organizational needs and provides step-by-step adoption guidance.
- Online access allows users to customize and tailor the model to fit specific organizational needs by selecting applicable practice areas.
- Implementation tools provide guidance to new adopters of CMMI V2.0 as well as experienced users transitioning from CMMI V1.3.
- Non-technical language makes adoption easier and faster.