PMO Governance & Methodologies
PMO interacts with many stakeholders inside and outside the organization. This interaction needs to be defined and governed properly through a governance model. The governance model or framework ensures creating value through a systematic approach by identifying stakeholders, understanding their interests and defining their roles and authorities.
The governance framework typically ensures alignment to the organization strategy through appropriate assignment and delegation of authorities, periodic performance reviews, clear reporting lines and escalation process. This governance model is usually an abstract level which is detailed in methodologies and guidelines to ensure consistent and repeatable approach. PMO methodology typically contains policies, processes, KPIs and templates.
We at Bakkah have the necessary expertise to support your business through governing, standardizing and developing portfolio, program and project management methodologies. A PMO will help you drive up your project success rates. The setup includes defining governance model, deploying methodologies and standards, in addition to successful corporate change management.
Using a variety of professional practices, we at Bakkah customize services as per our client needs in PMO setup, relying heavily on two reputable schools, namely [PMI & Axelos]. Our professional consultants, using the best tools, focus on integrating PMO functions with the organizational chart to provide the best expected outcome, e.g. Center of Excellence (CoE).
The key benefits of governance and methodologies are:
- Ensures focus and alignment with the organization strategy.
- Integrate PMO functions with the organizational chart to provide the best expected outcome
- Improve and support decision making in the organization.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities and accountability within the organization.
- Ensures periodic performance review to enable evaluation and improvements.
- Improve programs and project success rate.
- Improve change management and project management capabilities in the organization.
- Optimize the use of resources, funds allocation and stakeholders engagement.
To learn more about the service, read: