What is it?
A Project Management Office (PMO) is a group or department within an organization that defines and maintains standards for project management within the organization and is designed to ensure a high level of project success. The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The PMO is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and execution.
In today’s short business cycles and higher customer expectations, organizations are being driven to change the way they run management. We at Bakkah recognize that project management is at the heart of every business and is important if an organization wishes to become successful, stay competitive and constantly improve. It needs to transition from traditional operational management to more of a project management approach. To maintain and achieve the highest levels of performance and ensure the execution of successful projects and programs, we at Bakkah have the expertise and professional PM consultants to help you achieve what is needed in a considerable and timely manner.
Why is it important?
- To implement the best practices of project management.
- To provide support for other project management initiatives regarding the improvement of business performance.
- To recover projects at risk and to train your team to sustain the PMO.
- To improve the delivery quality of projects and programs.
- To provide a platform for good decision making.
To learn more about the service, read:
- Types of Project Management Offices (PMO) based on PMI standards
- 10 reasons behind the need for establishing a project management office (PMO)
- Center of Excellence (CoE) in PMO