- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
- Member: US$225.00
- Non-member: US$300.00
The CAPM® examination is comprised of 150 multiple-choice questions. Of the 150 questions, 15 are considered pretest questions. Pretest questions do not affect the score and are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All questions are placed throughout the examination randomly.
- No. of Scored Questions (135)
- No. of Pretest (Unscored) Questions (15)
- Total Examination Questions (150)
- Allotted Examination Time (3 Hours)
- Exam will be from PearsonVUE
CAPM® exam is now available as an online proctored exam via PearsonVUE. The exam offers convenience to you to be taken at your home, office or anywhere. However, there are guidelines that you must follow and ensure before taking the exam.
Since the exam is online proctored, it is to be taken via a personal or work computer. PearsonVUE places technical and exam protocol related requirements that must be met to qualify for the online proctored exams through the PearsonVUE Browser Lock (PVBL) online proctored exams. They are as follows:
- Technical Requirements:
- Running a system test and exam requirements software. This is to ensure your system can emulate the exam experience smoothly.
- Allowed operating software are MacOS and Windows, excluding tablets.
- User must have Local Administrative Privileges.
- Microphone and camera.
- Minimum stable internet connection of 1Mbps down/up.
Windows XP and Vista are strictly prohibited for online proctored exams. Windows 10 is recommended. For more information, please review PearsonVUE Browser Lock Advanced Online Proctored Technical Requirements.
The following are known to disrupt PearsonVUE exams:
- Proxy servers
- Network packet inspection / filtering
- Strict network security configurations (i.e., firewall). Depending on your software, an exception may need to be made for.
- Exam Protocols:
- Walled room, with a closed door and without distractions (i.e., phone switched off).
- No one else is permitted in the room with you while you are testing.
- Candidate will be required to take a photo and present his/her ID verification after PVBL setup. The name on your ID must match the name in your CAPM application.
- Once exam begins, you must remain in the room and within the proctor’s view. Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the exam.
- Ensure the room is setup and well lit prior to starting your exam.
All communications with proctors are done in English.
Scheduling the Exam:
- Visit pmi.org, and login to MyPmi and select “schedule your exam”.
- Review and accept the online proctor policies.
- Select your time and date.