ITIL® Managing Across Lifecycle (MALC) Training Course
Once ITIL® (MALC) Certified, professionals gain proficiency in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle.
- Managing services across the service lifecycle.
- Governance and organization.
- Implementing and improving service management capability.
The ITIL® Managing Across Lifecycle (MALC) certification is best suited for professionals in (but not limited to) the following roles: Chief information officers, Senior IT managers, IT managers, Supervisors, IT professionals, IT operations practitioners, IT development practitioners, Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization, Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module, Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite. However, a tailored course can be designed based on the clients requirements.
- Instructor-led, 5-Days intensive ITIL® Managing Across Lifecycle (MALC) training program
- 5 Days, you will prepare for and take the ITIL® Managing Across Lifecycle (MALC) exam
- Material and discussion language will be in English
ITIL (MALC) Training Course Outline
Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Managing services and service management
- The service lifecycle
- Service value across the different stages of the service lifecycle
- Other key concepts
Communication and stakeholder management
- Co-ordination of business relationship management across the service lifecycle, and the role of business relationship management in communication
- Stakeholder management and communication
- The value of good communication and ensuring its flow across the service lifecycle
Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- The integration of service management processes through the service lifecycle
- The impact of service strategy on other service lifecycle stages
- The value of a service lifecycle perspective when designing service solutions
- The inputs and outputs of processes and stages in the service lifecycle
- The value to business and the interfaces of all processes in the ITIL service lifecycle
Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Identification and assessment of customer and stakeholder needs and requirements across all service lifecycle stages, and ensuring appropriate priority is given to them
- How the service design package provides a link between service design, service transition and service operation
- Managing cross-lifecycle processes to ensure appropriate impact and involvement at all required service lifecycle stages
- Implementing and improving services, using key sources of information for identifying the need for improvement
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks of the service lifecycle stages, and potential conflicts and competing issues across the service lifecycle
Governance & Organization
- Organizational structure, skills and competence
- Service provider types and service strategies
- Measuring and demonstrating business value
- Determining and using metrics
- Design and development of measurement frameworks and methods
- Monitoring and control systems
- Use of event management tools to increase visibility of the infrastructure and IT service delivery
Implementing and improving service management capability
- Implementing service management
- Assessing service management
- Improving service management
- Key considerations for the implementation and improvement of both the service management practice and the services themselves
- Key considerations when planning and implementing service management technologies