ITIL® (SO) Intermediate Service Operation Training Course
Enhances your career prospects
As a globally recognized framework, ITIL® helps organizations around the world to deliver high-quality IT services. With an ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification training course, you can look forward to rewarding opportunities as a global ITSM professional and expand the scope of your career.
Sets your resume apart from coworkers and peers
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation credential showcases your knowledge and skills in service operation, and that you are willing to invest in your continuous professional development. This makes your resume stand apart from those of your peers, in the eyes of recruiters.
Improves on-the job professional competence
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification training program equips you with the knowledge to handle daily IT operational issues efficiently, thus improving your professional competence. You can manage risks, face challenges and determine critical success factors in service operation.
Builds your ITSM knowledge base
One of the five modules in the ITIL Intermediate Service Lifecycle stream, the ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification offers credits which can be used for moving up to the ITIL Expert certification. This module helps to build holistic knowledge of ITIL® which is required for senior ITSM roles.
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification is best suited for professionals in (but not limited to) the following roles: Release Manager, Security Administrator, Applications Support, IT Operations Manager, Database Administrator, Problem Manager, Service Desk and Incident Manager, Network Support, Security Manager.
- Instructor-led, 3-Days intensive ITIL® (SO) Intermediate Service Operation training program.
- 3 Days, you will prepare for and take the ITIL® (SO) Intermediate Service Operation exam.
- Material and discussion language will be in English
ITIL® (SO) Training Course Outline
Introduction to Service Operation
- Purpose, objective, scope and value to business of service operation
- The context of service operation and service lifecycle
- Service operation fundamentals
Service Operation Principles
- Achieving balance in service operation
- Providing good service
- Involvement in other lifecycle stages
- Operational health
- Service operation inputs and outputs
Service Operation Processes
- Purpose, objectives, scope and value to business of each process
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- Critical success factors and KPIs
- Challenges and risks
Common Service Operation Activities
- Monitoring and control
- IT operations
- Server and mainframe management and support
- Network management
- Storage and archive
- Database administration
- Directory service management
- Desktop and mobile device support
- Middleware management
- Internet/web management
- Facilities and data center management
- Operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages
- Improvement of operational activities
Organizing for Service Operation
- Service desk function
- Technical management function
- Application management function
- Service operation organizational structures
- Generic requirements
- Event management
- Incident management
- Request fulfillment
- Problem management
- Access management
- Service desk
Implementation of Service Operation
- Managing change in service operation
- Service operation and project management
- Assessing and managing risk in service operation
- Operational staff in design and transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies
Challenges, Critical Success Factors, Risks
- Critical success factors
Summary and Directed Studies
- Review of Key Concepts.
ITIL® is registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.