Enhances your career prospects
With an ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy certification (ITIL® SS training course), you can have the knowledge and skills that are being sought by employers around the world, and hence, can expand the scope of your career as a global ITSM professional.
Puts the spotlight on your resume
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy credential on your resume indicates your knowledge and skills in the domain as well as your commitment to your professional development in ITSM. For recruiters, this can distinguish your resume from those of other applicants.
Improves on-the job professional competence
With this qualification, you can expect to gain a thorough understanding of service strategy – from its principles and processes, to laying down a plan for its implementation, to identifying challenges and risks along the way. This knowledge will enable you to make a significant contribution to your organization.
Builds your ITSM knowledge base
Knowledge of service strategy will help in building a holistic understanding of the ITIL® framework, which is usually required as one moves up to senior ITSM roles. Additionally, the three credits earned with this module can be used to make up the required 22 for the ITIL® Expert certification.
ITIL® (SS) training course is designed for professionals in (but not limited to) the following roles: IT Management, Supplier Relationship Management, IT Finance Manager.
- Instructor-led, 3-Days intensive ITIL® (SS) Intermediate Service Strategy training program
- 3 Days, you will prepare for and take the ITIL® (SS) Intermediate Service Strategy exam.
- Material and discussion language will be in English
ITIL® (SS) Training Course Outline
Introduction to ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy
- Value to business
- Setting the strategy for governance
- Evaluate, direct, monitor
- Governance framework
- What is IT governance
- Governance bodies
- How service strategy relates to governance
Service Strategy Processes
- Strategy management for IT Services
- Purpose, objective, scope, value to business
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Challenges and risks
- Service portfolio management
- Financial management for IT Services
- Demand management
- Business relationship management
Service Strategy Principles
- Service strategy principles
- Approach to deciding a strategy
- Strategy and opposing dynamics
- Outperforming competitors
- The 4Ps of service strategy
- Utility and warranty
- Service providers
- Defining services
- Strategies for customer satisfaction
- Service economics
- Sourcing strategy
- Strategy inputs and outputs with the service lifecycle
Organizing for Service Strategy
- Organizational departmentalization
- Organizational design
- The role of service owner and business relationship manager
- Strategy, portfolio, financial and demand roles
- Service automation
- Service interfaces
Implementing Service Strategy
- Implementation through the lifecycle
- Following a lifecycle approach
- The impact of service strategy on other lifecycle stages
Service Strategy Challenges, Critical Success factors and Risks
- Critical success factors
Summary and Directed Studies
- Review of Key Concepts.
ITIL® is registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.